I have a relatively long and varied teaching experience for a graduate student. While working on my MA in English at University at Buffalo, I was able to teach freshman composition, advanced composition, and also be a teaching assistant grader for Professor Diane Christian, who teaches several of the University’s most popular lectured courses–Heaven, Hell, and Judgment; Bible as Literature; and Mythology. I continued to be one of Professor Christian’s dedicated TAs until I moved to Columbus to begin the PhD program at the Ohio State University. After finishing my MA, I continued to teach at UB, and because I was an invited keynote speaker for the Niagara University’s annual conference on Shakespeare’s comedies, I was asked to adjunct there as a sabbatical replacement for their Shakespeare professor. During that time, I taught an upper-level Shakespeare course (cross-listed for English, Theatre, and Education majors), the first part of the British Literature Survey course, and Introduction to Literature. I moved to Rochester, NY and was hired as a full-time lecturer (four classes per semester), a non-tenure track, yet renewable contract at Monroe Community College. I taught several sections of Composition each semester, but also taught a variety of literature courses–Introduction to Shakespeare, Mythology, Children’s Literature, and Introduction to Literature.
AU 2007- SU 2009, Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY.
- Full-Time Lecturer
- Introduction to Composition (AU 2007, SP 2008, AU 2008, SP 2009)
- Introduction to Literature (AU 2007)
- Advanced Composition (AU 2007)
- Children’s Literature (SP 2008, SU 2008, AU 2008)
- Mythology (SP 2008, SU 2008, SP 2009)
- Introduction to Shakespeare (SP 2008, SP 2009)
AU 2006-AU 2007, Niagara University, Lewiston, NY.
- Adjunct Instructor
- Shakespeare (English/Theatre) (AU 2007)
- Major British Writers I (AU 2006, SP 2007, AU 2007)
- Introduction to Literature (SP 2007)
AU 2003-SP 2005, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Adjunct Instructor
- College Composition (AU 2003)
- Advanced Composition (Fairytales; SP 2004, SP 2005) (Utopias, AU 2005)
AU 2002-SP 2009, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Teaching Assistant Under SUNY Distinguished Professor Diane R. Christian
- Bible as Literature (SP 2005, AU 2006)
- Mythology (SP 2006, AU 2007)
- Heaven, Hell, and Judgment (AU 2002, AU 2003, AU 2004, AU 2005, SP 2009)